Vision and Values
Our vision at Sparrow Farm is to Shape Futures by creating exceptional opportunities for all our young people, that will inspire and motivate them to develop a passion for learning, unlock the potential that lies within and encourages them to make a positive impact on the world around them.
Our 'ABC' core values are integral and at the heart of all that we do in school and enable us to fulfil our vision:
Our ethos and aims
In partnership, our ethos is what sets us apart and our aims are to:
- Provide a welcoming, safe, secure, inclusive and stimulating learning environment where every child flourishes.
- Deliver a richly creative, broad and stimulating curriculum that will ignite curiosity and feed a thirst for knowledge.
- Provide high standards of teaching and learning through challenge, support, encouragement and praise.
- Offer outstanding pastoral care where our children will thrive in an enabling environment, where relationships between staff, pupils and families are strong.
- Develop our children’s self-confidence, resilience and self-esteem so they feel proud of themselves, proud of their achievements and proud of their school.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to engage and practise a range of skills, including social and cognitive skills, trying out new possibilities and discovering new challenges, ultimately leading to a deeper learning experience.
- Equip our children with the knowledge, skills and values they need to grow and flourish in a challenging, changing and complex world, to live fulfilling lives, and make a positive contribution to society.
- Value children’s happiness and emotional wellbeing and embody a culture of kindness, friendship and thoughtfulness.
- Respect, value and include everyone in our community, regardless of race, religion, culture or ability.
- Encourage and enable the continuous professional and personal development of our staff, including emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Ensure a seamless, successful and smooth transition between the key stages within our school, from entry into our nursery, to when our pupils move on to secondary school.
- Work collaboratively with all Hounslow schools and promote a rigorous culture of review, reflection, challenge and support, drawing on the skills and expertise in all our schools.